Delta Air Lines has partnered with the City of Los Angeles and Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) to overhaul Terminal 5 at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
The $229-million construction project has already begun and is scheduled to take place in several phases with full completion in 2015.
Highlights of the project include:
- doubling the size of the ticketing lobby and federal security screening checkpoints
- an exclusive Sky Priority experience with a separate lobby and checkpoint
- a private VIP check-in lobby that will provide the most elite experience available at LAX
- a renovation of the Delta Sky Club to include full-service bar and additional recharge stations for personal electronic devices
- new baggage carousels
- upgraded facilities to improve international baggage recheck
- new finishes providing a cleaner, brighter customer experience
In addition, 15 new restaurants and shops featuring celebrity chefs and retail brand names that reflect the cuisine, culture and lifestyle of Los Angeles will complete their phased openings this year.
“Los Angeles is a critical global gateway for Delta’s domestic and international customers and we are thrilled this project is underway,” said Ranjan Goswami, Delta’s managing director for West Coast Sales.
“But none of this would be possible without the great partnership and collaborative effort made by Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and LAWA Executive Director Gina Marie Lindsey.
“Their leadership has truly paved the way for the improvements our Los Angeles-area customers are already starting to see and feel.”