Aviation Media Logo

NEWS Last modified on November 20, 2013

Traffic soars by 4.3% in October at Birmingham Airport

Passenger traffic at Birmingham Airport grew by 4.3% in October, compared to the same month in 2012.

According to the airport, it handled 830,370 travellers, with the biggest growth sector Asia, which saw a 25.5% increase, fuelled mainly by new direct flights to India and Pakistan.

Growth was also seen on scheduled non-EU services, which soared 13.8%, while domestic routes were up 5.3% and EU flights up 3.6%.

Scheduled services accounted for 83.3% of all traffic, while charter made up the remaining 16.7% of passengers at the UK’s 7th largest airport.

CEO Paul Kehoe, says: “We have a strong hour’s catchment of 10 million people and the UK’s largest share of the manufacturing activity so it’s no surprise that more people are choosing to travel from Birmingham rather than alternative congested airports.

“Birmingham is Britain’s most accessible airport, has world class facilities and a growing route network; particularly to long haul destinations, and we are focusing hard on expanding this even further with the imminent opening of our longer runway.”

Share on social media

Author

Written by

Email

Article Options

Latest from

Related items

Get the Airport World Newsletter!

Email
FIRST NAME
LAST NAME
Follow us on Twitter

8730 peoples are following airportworldmag